I know that some of you think that the old-fashioned capping ceremony is corny, but I feel bad that some of you have never gotten to experience the thrill of getting your cap or pin, so I wanted to share this picture with you. Yep, that’s me many moons ago. How do I look? Of course, other than the gray hair, the extra pounds, the wrinkles, and the sagging body parts , I look the same today as I did on the night that I received my cap. Hey, don’t challenge my delusional system unless you can replace it with something better. I wonder what score Kim from Emergiblog would give my cap based on the Emergiblog Cap Rating Scale. By the way, did you know that we used Lubrafax to glue our stripes onto our caps?
I received this email from my mother and I wanted to pass it on to you. It’s cute. Don’t write these entries at work:
(Actual writings from hospital charts):
1. The patient refused a autopsy.
2. The patient has no previous history of suicides.
3. Patient has left white blood cells at another hospital.
4. She has no rigors or shaking chills, but her husband states she was very
hot in bed last night.
5. Patient has chest pain if she lies on her left side for over a year.
6. On the second day the knee was better, and on the third day it disappeared.
7. The patient is tearful and crying constantly. She also appears to be
8. The patient has been depressed since she began seeing me in 1993.
9. Discharge status: Alive but without permission.
10. Healthy appearing decrepit 69-year old male, mentally alert but forgetful.
11. Patient had waffles for breakfast and anorexia for lunch.
12. She is numb from her toes down.
13. While in ER, she was examined, x-rated and sent home.
14. The skin was moist and dry.
15. Occasional, constant infrequent headaches.
16. Patient was alert and unresponsive.
17. Rectal examination revealed a normal size thyroid.
18. She stated that she had been constipated for most of her life, until
she got a divorce.
19. I saw your patient today, who is still under our car for physical therapy.
20. Both breasts are equal and reactive to light and accommodation.
21. Examination of genitalia reveals that he is circus sized.
22. The lab test indicated abnormal lover function.
23. Skin: somewhat pale but present.
24. The pelvic exam will be done later on the floor
25. Patient has two teenage children, but no other abnormalities