Dr. Val Jones from Better Health is making an announcement. She, Dr. Mike Sevilla (AKA: Dr. Anonymous), and
Dr. Nick Genes will be offering live coverage of the biggest tech conference: HIMSS in Atlanta, March 1-4. This conference is huge. Thirty thousand people are going to be there, and you can follow along. Dr. Val and her Better Health team members will interview over 40 different exhibitors and stream their interviews live via UStream. Have a question? Send it to Dr. Val during the event. Dr. Val will also be reporting for ABC News, DC via Skype from the convention floor on Wednesday, March 3rd at 10:50. Let’s get this party started! Here’s a sneak peak:
Here’s the scoop: Stay tuned to the Better Health blog for more information about HIMSS coverage… Or meet Dr. Val at HIMSS during her “Meet The Bloggers” panel discussion.
Your social media guide to HIMSS:
1. Watch live interviews of exhibitors, conducted by physicians on UStream. Tune in to Dr. Val’s UStream coverage (beginning at 9:30am each morning at HIMSS, March 1, 2, and 3rd). Click here: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/live-from-himss-what-s-hot-in-health-it
2. Participate in real time via Twitter. Follow @drval and tweet your questions to her during the interviews. She may ask the interviewees YOUR questions LIVE. To follow Dr. Val, go to: http://www.twitter.com/drval or follow the Twitter hashtag #HIMSS10 during the event to see tweets from UStream attendees and others.
3. Meet the bloggers at HIMSS. There will be a special panel discussion with Dr. Val and other popular health IT bloggers scheduled in the HIMSS Social Media Center. Check here for times: http://www.himssconference.org/education/socialmedia.aspx
4. Watch Dr. Val Reporting from HIMSS on ABC News (DC only): Tune in to News Channel 8 at 10:50am, Wednesday March 3rd to get Dr. Val’s take on the hottest technology presented at HIMSS. Dr. Val will join ABC News’ Dave Lucas via Skype.
5. Follow the Better Health blog team. Better Health contributors – nurses, doctors, and health writers – will offer feedback via their blogs on HIMSS events, speakers, and exhibitors. You’ll see their blog posts on their individual blogs and also at Better Health. Flip cam clips of HIMSS events (captured by one of the Better Health MDs at HIMSS) will be featured as well.
6. Blog Talk Radio: HIMSS Wrap Up With Dr. Val and Dr. Anonymous. Tune in to the Dr. Anonymous show at 8pm ET, Wednesday, March 3rd to hear final impressions about the show. Call in to discuss the event with hosts, or join the chat room. Find the show here: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/doctoranonymous
Better Health’s UStream interviewee line up will be published on the Better Health blog on Friday, February 26th. Requests for interview are scheduled by Dr. Val Jones through the HIMSS media list – which is distributed to exhibitors at HIMSS. Most interview slots have already been booked, availability is limited.